Darkspear Never Die Constitution
ALL PLAYERS — PLEASE READ
The following will cover the basic rules and expectations we have of members in the guild, both in social terms as well as preparedness in raids.
- We’re all adults. Swearing is cool. All the hip kids are doing it. But no sexism, homophobia, transphobia or racism. Dark humour is fine, but if you are targeting a marginalised group, consider not doing that.
- Talk about politics at your own peril. If it gets heated, talk about our common enemy instead – the Alliance.
- If you have a concern with how a player is behaving but do not feel like you can approach them about it, contact either the guild master or one of the officers. They will investigate the issue and talk to the person in question without using any names.
- If you have an issue with how the officers handled something or simply think they haven’t conducted themselves well, you can tell us! We want to do our best for the guild and are open to constructive criticism.
- If you can attend a raid, sign up as early as possible to events on the calendar. Signing up five minutes before raid isn’t good enough – it helps us to know further in advance if we have to fill a role. If you are signed up to a raid, fail to attend and don’t let us know why you didn’t make it, that’s a strike. Three strikes and you get blacklisted from raids.
- If you aren’t sure you can commit to a raid, sign as tentative. If you’re signed as tentative and don’t end up turning up, we don’t count it as a strike against you. Even if you sign up tentative every night, that’s okay!
- If you do sign as tentative and then turn up late to the raid, be aware we may not have space for you, though we will do our best to fit you in if we can.
- If you sign up to a raid but something comes up, let us know on discord or mark yourself as ‘out’ on the event.
- If you’re going away for a while, it’s nice to let us know so we can fill your role.
- Preparing for raids
- Check the raid event or speak to the GM / officers to see what the minimum required ilvl of the raid is.
- Always come to raid fully gemmed and enchanted. You will be turned away until it’s sorted.
- Always bring food, flasks, potions and vantus runes for the current progress boss.
- Sharpening stones/weapon oils/other consumables should be reserved for progress bosses (unless it’s Mythic, in which case they will be required for every pull).
- Tactics will be explained in raids, but we always ask that you do watch video guides such as Fatboss TV ahead of time, particularly for later/more complex bosses.
- Make sure you have some sort of encounter add-on active, such as Deadly Boss Mods or BigWigs. This is required, and if you don’t have one we will soon find out and you’ll have to leave the group and download it.
- Make sure you have any other necessary addons installed and update them before raids.
- We have a standard group rolling policy, which uses the following priority order: Main Spec > Off-Spec > PvP (regardless of spec) > Transmog
- Please do not roll for an OS while MS rolls are going. It gets confusing. We will say what is being rolled for.
- While we don’t have a loot council, in the cases of items that are not an ilvl upgrade but do have slightly better stats, if you won the roll we might ask you to consider letting it go to someone for whom it is an ilvl upgrade (starting with the next highest roll) . Ultimately, highest roll wins, but if a piece of gear is a far smaller upgrade for you than someone else, it’s nice to let them have it and help the raid team get stronger as a whole.
- Bind-on-Equip items can be put up for roll at the discretion of the looting player (you are free to sell them on the AH rather than put them up for roll), but the same priority applies. If you win the roll on a BoE item, we expect you to use it and not put it on the AH yourself.
- No back-door loot trading. This is a strict policy which we give only one warning over.
- If upon winning a roll, you realise you don’t need the item, it goes to the next highest roll on the list.
- If you wish to swap to a different class mid-tier, we expect you to get it to a similar gear level as your previous main before bringing it to raids. This could mean you have to pug. You might be allowed to bring it to earlier bosses, but be considerate when rolling for gear against other mains who have been trying for that item for weeks.
- Please do not swap around characters too much. Otherwise you become a loot sink and it’s unfair to other players.